Adelaide Central Market
The Adelaide Central Market is one of the Southern Hemisphere’s largest covered fresh produce markets, with one million kilograms of fresh produce being delivered and sold at the market monthly.
- Name: Adelaide Central Market
- Location: Adelaide, Australia
- Built: 1869
- Type of attraction: Market
- Ticket price: Free
The Market itself consists of over 76 stalls in a single undercover area. It is the best place to experience friendly and laid back spirit of Adelaide, especially on the weekends.
Since it is located in the heart of Adelaide, it is a must when you start exploring this wonderful city. Enjoy!
Interesting facts about Adelaide Central Market
Here are some interesting facts about this amazing historical landmark:
- It is over 145 years old.
- More than 8.5 million visitors come every year to the market.
- Early immigrants from Asia settled near the market and created Adelaide’s Chinatown.