Are you planning on visiting the beautiful city of Amsterdam, but wondering where to satisfy your taste buds? With so many delicious food options available in the Dutch capital, it can be overwhelming to decide where to eat. Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered. In this blog post, we’ll take you on a mouth-watering journey through some of the best places to eat in Amsterdam.
From local delicacies like stroopwafels and bitterballen to international cuisines such as Italian and Korean, there’s something for everyone. So get ready to embark on a culinary adventure and discover some hidden gems that will leave you wanting more!
Best restaurants in Amsterdam
If you’re looking for the best restaurants in Amsterdam, you’re in luck. This city is home to a variety of excellent dining options, from traditional Dutch cuisine to international fare.
1. De Silveren Spiegel: This restaurant serves up traditional Dutch dishes in a beautiful setting. The menu includes local specialties such as smoked eel, smoked sausages, and Dutch cheeses.
2. La Rive: Located on the banks of the canals, this award-winning restaurant offers an exquisite dining experience with an innovative fusion of French and Dutch cuisines.
3. Balthazar’s Keuken: This eatery is renowned for its delicious seafood dishes prepared with local ingredients and a modern twist. You can also try their selection of charcuterie and artisan cheese boards.
4. Bridges Restaurant: This luxurious spot serves top-notch French cuisine in a stunning environment where you can enjoy spectacular views of Amsterdam’s canals and iconic sights such as the Anne Frank House.
5. Marius & Co.: Located in an old church hall, this atmospheric bistro offers classic French dishes prepared with fresh produce from the nearby farmer’s market at Albert Cuypstraat.
6. Guts & Glory: This restaurant serves innovative dishes with a focus on local ingredients. The menu includes creations like crispy pork belly and braised beef rib.
7. The White Room: This fine dining restaurant offers an unforgettable experience with its exquisite tasting menus and impressive wine list.
8. Ysbreeker: Located in a beautiful 19th-century former harbor warehouse, this trendy eatery serves up modern Dutch dishes inspired by the city’s rich culinary history.
9. Brouwerij Troost: This popular brewpub serves up classic Dutch dishes and a vast selection of local beers. The menu includes burgers, salads, and Dutch cheese platters.
10. De Kas: Located in an old nursery, this restaurant is dedicated to sustainable cuisine, with ingredients sourced directly from their own organic farm.
Some of the best places to eat in Amsterdam include De Kas, which serves fresh, seasonal food from its own farm; Rijks, an elegant Michelin-starred restaurant serving Dutch classics; and Takumi-Ya, a Japanese spot known for its delicious sushi. Other great restaurants worth checking out include Envy, La Ristrettos, and The Butcher.
No matter what your budget or taste buds are craving, you’re sure to find something to your liking in Amsterdam’s culinary scene. So bon appetit!
Best family restaurants
When it comes to finding the best family restaurants in Amsterdam, there are plenty of options to choose from. For those looking for a casual dining experience, there are plenty of burger joints and pizzerias that will be sure to please the whole family. For those looking for something a little more upscale, there are also several restaurants that offer fine dining in a family-friendly atmosphere. No matter what your budget or preferences are, there is sure to be a family restaurant in Amsterdam that will suit your needs.
Here is a list of the best family restaurants in Amsterdam:
1. Burger Bar Amsterdam
2. La Perla Italian Restaurant
3. Pancakes! Amsterdam
4. La Place Amsterdam Centrum
5. Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam
6. FEBO Snacks & Fast Food Restaurant
7. De Plantage Amsterdam
8. Wok To Walk
9. Max Brown Hotel Museum Square
10. Grand Café de 2 Sluizen
This list can fit any of your family’s culinary needs, we hope.
What to order in Amsterdam?
If you’re looking for a traditional Dutch meal, order some hotspot (a type of stamppot made with potatoes, carrots, and onions) or erwtensoep (a thick pea soup). For something a little more unique, try the raw herring served with diced onions and pickles. And no trip to Amsterdam would be complete without trying some stroopwafels (thin waffles filled with syrup).
For drinks, try a jenever (Dutch gin) or one of the many local beers, such as Heineken or Grolsch.
For drinks, try a local beer such as Amstel or Grolsch. If you’re more of a wine drinker, opt for some Riesling from the nearby Dutch wineries. And don’t forget to pick up some stroopwafel syrup to take home with you!
If you’re in the mood for something sweet, Amsterdam has plenty to offer. The city is famous for its speculaas cookies, which are made with ginger, cinnamon, and other spices. Or try a piece of ontbijtkoek (spice cake), which is often eaten for breakfast. And don’t forget to order a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream – it’s the perfect way to warm up on a cold day!
If you’re looking for some good Dutch cuisine while in Amsterdam, there are a few places you should check out. For a traditional Dutch meal, head to De Kas – they serve up fresh, seasonal dishes that will definitely tantalize your taste buds.
If you’re in the mood for something a little bit more upscale, then RestaurantBloom is the perfect spot. And last but not least, if you want to try out some of Amsterdam’s famous street food, head to Bitterballenbar – they have a great selection of bitterballen (a type of fried meatball) that are sure to hit the spot. No matter what your taste buds are craving, you’ll be able to find it in Amsterdam!
Amsterdam food markets
There are plenty of food markets in Amsterdam to choose from, whether you’re looking for fresh produce, delicious prepared foods, or a unique dining experience. Here are some of our favorites:
The Noordermarkt is one of the city’s oldest markets, dating back to the 17th century. It’s a great place to pick up fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as artisanal cheeses, breads, and meats. On Saturdays, there’s also a flea market where you can find all sorts of vintage treasures.
If you’re in the mood for something a bit more exotic, head to the Albert Cuyp Market. This large open-air market is full of stalls selling international foods from Surinamese roti to Vietnamese pho. There’s also a wide selection of Dutch specialties like stroopwafels and poffertjes (mini pancakes).
For a truly unique dining experience, check out the floating flower market on the Singel canal. In addition to being surrounded by beautiful blooms, you can enjoy fresh seafood from the nearby boats or grab a bite at one of the many outdoor cafes.
Finally, the Dappermarkt is one of Amsterdam’s most popular markets. You’ll find a wide variety of fresh foods including fruits, vegetables, flowers, and fish. There are also plenty of stalls selling other goods such as clothes, shoes, and books.
Amsterdam street food
Amsterdam street food is some of the best in the world. From stroopwafels to herring, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Here are some of the best places to eat street food in Amsterdam:
-The Dutch Pancake House: This place is famous for its Dutch pancakes, which are a must-try when in Amsterdam.
-Foodhallen: This indoor food court has a variety of stalls offering different cuisines, so you can try a little bit of everything.
-Cafe de Jaren: This cafe has an outdoor terrace overlooking one of Amsterdam’s canals, making it the perfect spot to people-watch while enjoying some delicious street food.
-Poffertjeskraam: This Dutch street food stand offers up traditional Dutch treats like poffertjes (mini pancakes).
-The Albert Cuyp Market: This outdoor market is open daily and features over 250 stands selling fresh produce, clothing, crafts, and delicious snacks.
-FEBO: This chain of snack bars sells delicious fried snacks, like kroketten (croquettes) and frikandellen (Dutch sausage).
-Vlaams Frites: This spot is known for its Belgian fries and delicious sauces.
There are so many delicious options for street food in Amsterdam. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or an entire meal, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
Amsterdam is an incredible city with a wide variety of culinary experiences to offer. Whether you are looking for traditional Dutch cuisine, international flavors from around the world, or unique dishes in some of the most picturesque settings imaginable, Amsterdam has something for everyone. With this article as your guide, we hope that you have been able to discover some great places to eat when visiting Amsterdam and can enjoy all the city has to offer. Bon appetit!
Last Updated on March 11, 2023 by Travel Guides Editor @ gotravelyourself.com