Official name: United Mexican States
Capital: Mexico City
Population: 116 million
Area 1.96 million sq km (758,449 sq miles)
Major language Spanish
Major religion Christianity
Life expectancy 75 years (men), 80 years (women)
Mexico is a hub of different cultures and lifestyles. People who travel to Mexico will witness many rich and diverse cultures and entertainment. From museums and opera houses to idyllic beach resorts, travelers in Mexico will definitely enjoy their holidays.
Probably one of the places that people who travel to Mexico will surely enjoy are the beach resorts outside the capital city. At the top of the list is Acapulco, which is sometimes referred to as the Riviera of Mexico for its hotels, casinos and beach resorts. The Acapulco is a very popular tourist destination where one can also do deep-sea fishing as well as other water sports.
Another haven for people who travel to Mexico is the Mazatlan, which frequently holds the international fishing tournaments as well as pre-Lenten carnivals. Hunting and fishing are also things that will interest people who travel to Mexico. One can also find in Mazatlan an observatory and one of the tallest lighthouses in the world. Other beaches that travelers in Mexico should not miss are the Cancun Island, the Puerto Vallarta and the Los Cabos.
Acapulco is one of the best places when it comes to Mexico travel. Long thought to be the destination of the many lovers of the world, it is actually the number one spot for honeymoons in the entire world. There are a good many places that offer exciting package deals to Acapulco that include rooms, airfare and some of the best in entertainment. Little bad can be said about this romantic paradise on Earth.
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas makes one think of the days of old. A largely untouched land, this area of Mexico travel is so exciting that one cannot imagine. Making the finest in overall destinations is not an easy thing to do but this site has come through in fine style. The rates are well below the average and the natives make it all the more enjoyable. The scuba diving is exciting as there are many wrecks nearby to be explored and the fishing is great at certain times of the year. Space is very limited so you will need to book well in advance.
Cancun is one of those places that once rested without visitors and now makes up for that with the good many tourists that flock here every year. A major player in the tourism industry, Cancun has been plagued by some big business in the recent years and it has lost a bit of its old world charm. This has done nothing to dissuade the thousands that come here every year. Be careful to plan for the hurricane season though, there is little that can be done when one strikes.
Direct Flights to Mexico cities
Guadalajara brings to mind some of the old ruins of the past. There is many historical attractions here and the natives will be sure to please all that come in. The prices are very reasonable and the food is great all over the area.
Traveling to Mexico also opens the door to a world of arts and drama. With its many museums, Mexico is one of the most important museum destinations in the world. The Chapultepec Park houses several of these celebrated museums; the most important of which is the National Museum of Anthropology. Other museums that travelers in Mexico should also visit are the Museum of National History, Snail Museum, Technology Museum, and the Museum of Modern Art, which boasts of the finest collection of Mexican painting including those of masters such as Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, David Alfaro Siqueiros, and Rufino Tamayo. Children will also enjoy the Mexico City Zoo and the Papalote, a children’s interactive museum.
History fanatics will also love traveling to Mexico’s famed religious city of Teotihuacan, the capital of pre-Aztec civilization. In Teotihuacan, travellers to Mexico will find the Pyramid of the Sun and the Pyramid of the Moon, two pyramids that face each other, providing a great view of the surrounding regions from the top.
Traveling to Mexico will not be complete without visiting the Basilica de Guadalupe, which marks the site of the Virgin Mother’s appearance in 1531. The Metropolitan Cathedral is another travel destination within Mexico. With its baroque and neoclassical facade, the church is a great example of architectural art forms.
Another Mexican architectural masterpiece is the Chapultepec Castle, which once served as presidential residence. The castle also features the murals of Mexican painter Juan O’ Gorman as well as the Memorial to Infant Heroes. Los Pinos, which is the official residence of the Mexican President, is also on the grounds of the Castle.
Monuments abound in the Paseo de la Reforma, a tree-line boulevard that houses Mexico’s landmarks. Travelers will surely love the monuments such as the Angel of the Independence, the symbol of the country’s national identity, Cuauhtemoc Memorial and the Diana Cazadora, the statue of Diana the Huntress.
Top all-inclusive resorts in Mexico
Travel tips for Mexico
Vacationing in exotic locations all over the world can be enjoyable, but the best way to guarantee that you get the most out of your vacation is to plan properly and to make sure that you bring everything you need and are prepared for a number of situations. Are you planning a vacation to Mexico? Here are five things that you need to keep in mind to guarantee that your vacation is enjoyable and safe.
1. Choose a list of the destinations that interest you beforehand, so that you can plan accordingly. Once you have planned out your ideal destinations, you can map them out for the efficiency of your trip. If you do some planning beforehand, you will be better prepared to enjoy your vacation from beginning to end.
2. Do your research beforehand. There`s enough information on the internet that you can get any of the resources and answers that you need to plan a great vacation to Mexico. Plan ahead in order to decide how you will travel, where you will stay, how you will get around within the country, where you will eat, and what attractions you will visit during your vacation. Your vacation does not have to follow a strict regimen, but if you are prepared, you can worry less during your vacation when you should be enjoying yourself.
3. Pack as early as you can. Before you take off on your vacation, you should plan what you are bringing with you. Unless there is laundry service, you should plan to have a set of clothing for each day that you will be on vacation. There are three main things that you need to plan for when packing: Clothing, valuable legal documents like your passport, and any medicines that you need. By packing ahead of time, you can make sure that you do not leave anything out at the last minute.
4. Plan for emergencies. There is a good chance your cell phone isn`t going to work in Mexico, and even if it does, can you imagine the roaming charges? One of the best ways that you can prepare yourself for emergencies, as well as keep in touch with your family and friends, is to buy local sim card. There are several providers that offer pay as you go sim cards: Telcel, Movistar or At&T and sim cards with call and data package are as low as $20. This will enable you to have cheap local calls and internet package so you can use Whatsapp, Viber, Facebook and other popular apps very cheap. Not to mention local calls for emergencies (police, hospitals).
5. Plan to bring back souvenirs. If you want to bring anything back from your vacation trip to Mexico, you need to make sure you`ve packed to accommodate any souvenirs that you may want to bring home. Do not pack your bags too full of stuff, but rather make sure that at least one piece of carry-on luggage has space for smaller souvenirs, and that there is some space in larger luggage to accommodate larger souvenir items.