Ride on the iconic Puffing Billy railway with a fantastic day trip from Melbourne and enjoy a fantastic Yarra Valley wine tasting! To believe it, you must see it. Thomas the Tank Engine, in real life, takes you on a natural picturesque tour along the lush green mountainside.
Finally, we take a trek through the rainforest in search of wildlife. We travel to another famous region, the Yarra Valley, for wine tastings and dessert after an Aussie lunch. The Yarra Valley is a fantastic winery district in Victoria, and one of the best in Australia.
- The historic steam train ride
- Bush Billy Tea with lamingtons
- Vegemite and crackers
- Winery lunch with a glass of wine
- Opportunity for wine tasting at Fergusson’s Winery
- Wine tasting at Rochford Wines
- Wine tasting and tour at Dominique Portet
- Free Wi-Fi on the coach
A tour for those with food, wine, and a little history appreciation. Puffing Billy is an icon that you’re going to ride in’ the hills.’ Spend the rest of the day sampling local produce in Yarra Valley and, of course, wine!
Tour the picturesque wine region of the Yarra Valley from the charm of the Blue Dandenongs and Puffing Billy steam train. Enjoy a delicious, hearty spit roast lunch at Fergusson’s Winery, followed by a glass of wine. There’s a chance to have a taste after your lunch at the cellar door.
Visit the ever-popular and relatively new Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery for a taste of something delicious. Be amazed at your range of products! Start a formal wine tasting at Dominique Portet’s award-winning Rochford Wines and wine tasting, free cheese bite, and tour.
Highlights of this tour
* Depart Melbourne through the eastern suburbs
* Fly through the Sherbrooke Forest in the heart of the Dandenongs with its high eucalyptus, fern gullies and bird life
* Enjoy Aussie’s Bush Billy tea with tea and gum leaves, lamingtons and Vegemite with crackers
* See Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots! Ride on the Puffing Billy steam train through the native woods from Belgrave to Menzies Creek, the most picturesque part of the original steam locomotive journey
* Travel through the quaint villages of Dandenong, known for its picturesque cafés, craft shops and beautiful gardens
* Beautiful views from Grantulla Rd
* Have a tasty spit roast lunch with wine at Fergusson’s Winery.
Belgrave Lake Park
We board the famous Puffing Billy for an unforgettable journey through the Dandenong Ranges National Park. This historic narrow gouge steam train is known and loved by locals and travelers from all over the world.
Grants Picnic Ground
We shall view the nearby wildlife and stroll through the lush green rainforest in hope of observing the shy, Lyrebird.
Domaine Chandon Winery
A tasting of some of the best sparkling wine in the country, with panoramic views all around, you will need to take lots of photos at this stop.
De Bortoli Wines Yarra Valley Cellar Door and Restaurant
More tastings at this Italian winery. You will try out an amazing range of award-winning vintages and have them paired conveniently with the best of Victoria’s dairy farm cheeses.
Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery
Finish off with more dairy but this time in the sweet form. White, Dark, and Milk chocolate from the factory on site you will get to try them all out spend time searching for chocolate gifts!
Flights and hotel search for Melbourne