Melbourne Dumpling Walking Tour. Discover the most delicious dumplings with a Melbourne tour of the finest most authentic and delectable dumpling houses in Melbourne!
- Expert commentary on dumplings and Melbourne
- Melbourne’s hottest chili sauce
- Small group, relaxed style
- Some extra tid-bits of local history
Melbournians like nothing better than a plate of dumplings! But where should I go? There is so much variety there! Visit many town-wide dumpling houses that all do something a little different. You’re going to visit 4 delightful places over 3 hours–all in the city centre.
The walk is designed to show you an array of different dumplings at some of the most authentic locations in Melbourne. We think they are the best dumplings set in town-you won’t be disappointed! As a bonus-you might even learn something new about how Melbourne was shaped by the Chinese too.
This gourmet walking tour around Melbourne’s Chinatown will give you a sense of the city’s cultural richness. Explore this colorful neighborhood with a local guide and sample wonderful dumplings at traditional places.
Learn about the history of Chinese cuisine and how it has been influenced by Melbourne. For a more personalized experience, compare notes on your favorite dumplings with other members of your small group, which is limited to 10 people.
- Dumpling walking tour in Melbourne
- Sample a variety of dumplings at different venues
- Enjoy a fun tasting experience and enough food for a meal
- Compare the dishes that your guide orders and choose your favorites
- Try Melbourne’s hottest chili sauce (if you can handle it!)
- Learn about the regions in China where each dumpling style originated
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures a personalized experience with your guide
Melbourne now has a diversified population, including a sizable Chinese minority that arrived in the city in the 1850s. On this strolling culinary tour, spend an evening learning about the history and cuisine of Chinatown. Meet your guide in Melbourne’s central business district and proceed to the Chinatown gates.
Bring your hunger with you! Stop at various Chinese restaurants along the way to enjoy their unique dumplings. The luscious, doughy balls, which come in a variety of fillings and flavors, are a popular meal among Melburnians.
As you dip into shared dishes of housemade delicacies, compare tasting notes with your guide and fellow tour members.
If you’re feeling adventurous, order a dumpling with the city’s spiciest chili sauce! Consume enough dumplings for a light and enjoyable meal throughout the tour.
Return to central Melbourne with your guide, where you may continue experiencing the city’s eating and nightlife on your own. This ends our Melbourne Dumpling Walking Tour.
Flights and hotel search for Melbourne