Taste some of Portugal‰Ûªs finest wines on a scenic day trip for Lisbon to the Tagus wine region on a delectable Lisbon wine tour.
• Get off the beaten track on a wine tasting tour of the Tagus Valley
• Visit an old wine estate from the 12th century, and sample their award-winning wines
• Stop for lunch at Avieira do Escaroupim, or try the “Sopa da Pedra” (stone soup) in Almeirim
• Go to the falconry of the Falcoaria Real (time permitting)
• Meet one of the oldest wine producing families in Portugal
Visit one of Portugal’s finest wine estates on a full-day Lisbon wine tour of the Tagus Vineyards. Skip the crowded wineries of Setúbal, and head north to the Ribatejo region, where tradition still plays an important role, and old families keep their wine estates alive.
Go to Quinta da Lagoalva to see what the Ribatejo is all about. The estate has been a renowned property since the 12th century. Experience the historic atmosphere of an authentic Portuguese winery, and ride a horse-drawn carriage through the estate, before sampling the produce.
Continue to Almeirim for a typlcal lunch of sopa da pedra (stone soup), one of the most traditional dishes in Portuguese cuisine. Then, go to Avieira do Escaroupim to see the stilt huts where fishermen used to live. If there’s enough time, enjoy a short visit to the Falcoaria Real (Royal Falcon Training Center) in the surviving part of the old royal complex of Salvaterra de Magos.
Before your return to Lisbon, visit one more winery: either the Quinta do Casal Branco or Casa Cadaval. As well as the wine, both estates breed Lusitano horses. Return to Lisbon along the shores of the Tagus River.
Check flights and hotel offers for Lisbon: