On this 2.5-3 hour Washington Odyssey Dinner Cruise along the Potomac River, enjoy delectable cuisine and live entertainment while taking in the sights of Washington, DC. Choose from three magnificently furnished glass atrium dining rooms onboard the luxurious Odyssey cruise ship, or head to the open-air observation deck to take in the vista. Under a moonlit sky, dine on a delectable three-course meal before dancing the night away or touring the nation’s capital’s famed attractions, including the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, Reagan National Airport, and more.
- Spectacular views of Washington
- Delicious appetizers, entrees, and desserts
- Live entertainment and more
Washington Odyssey Dinner Cruise
As you depart from the dock and begin your journey out on the water, bring your cocktail up to the observation deck and see up-close views of the monuments that will take your breath away. We guarantee you’ve never seen your city quite like this before. Once back at your table, allow your attentive waiter to serve you your first course, main dish, and dessert of your choice. Feel free to dine at a leisurely pace – there’s no rush. Sit back and relax – we’ll handle the rest.
Departing from Gangplank Marina at 600 Water Street SW, take a sightseeing Washington Odyssey Dinner Cruise down the Potomac River and Washington, DC’s picturesque waterfront. This tour follows the Potomac River, providing magnificent views of Washington, DC’s famed monuments and historic waterfront.
The Odyssey is a modern dining ship with three superbly furnished glass atrium dining salons, each with spectacular river views of the nation’s most famous buildings. There is lots of comfortable seating in these interior dining spaces, as well as wide picture windows with views of the sights. There’s also a dancing floor and an open-air observation deck (reminiscent of European canal ships).
When the guests arrive, the Captain and crew will greet them, and the ship’s photographer will capture the event for each party if desired. A tasting trio, entrees, and desserts are included in the 3-course evening. Choose from roasted summer vegetable salad, rock shrimp spheres, or whipped goat cheese as a starter. Crab and mussel gratin, fish with a Romesco crust, maple mustard glazed chicken, braised short rib, cauliflower steak or steak, and lobster tail are among the courses (additional charge). There’s a sorbet pair, Odyssey specialty bread pudding, mountain berry shortcake, or chocolate decadent cake for dessert.
After you’ve finished dining, go out and dance the night away to live music. After supper, the evening begins with gentler standards before transitioning to more high-energy dance music. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery, the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Reagan National Airport, the US Naval Research Laboratory, Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, the Woodrow Wilson Memorial Bridge, and much more throughout the cruise.
Please DO contact us to check the availability before you book it because the departure dates are subject to change.
Washington Odyssey Dinner Cruise Menu
- Caramelized Duck en Croute Duck Confit, Forest Mushrooms, Sage and Monterey Jack Cheese baked in a Puff Pastry, served over Spaghetti Squash with Dried Currants, Cranberries, and Candied Pecans and a drizzle of Marsala Wine Demi-glace
- Mixed Greens with Apples and Strawberries Fresh Salad Greens tossed with Granny Smith Apples, Caramelized Pecans, Strawberries and crumbled Bleu Cheese in a Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Shrimp and Corn Chowder Roasted Sweet Corn, Gulf Shrimp, Red Peppers and Potato with Fresh Cream and an herbed Crouton
- Seafood Melange Fresh Atlantic Sea Scallops, Gulf Shrimp and Blue Crab baked with Peppers and Dijon into a cake, accompanied by toasted Crostini
- Maple-Glazed Chipotle Chicken Pan-roasted smoked Chicken Breast served with a Vegetable and roasted Yukon Gold Potato Ratatouille, topped with a Chipotle Tomato Cream
- Orange-Ginger Glazed Salmon Oven-roasted fresh Salmon Fillet marinated with Ginger, Orange and White Wine served over Green Tea-infused Cous Cous, with a crisp Asian Vegetable Cake
- Seafood Ravioli Gratinee Jumbo Ravioli filled with imported Italian Cheeses, topped with Gulf Shrimp, Bay Scallops topped with creamy Alfredo on a bed of rustic Pomodoro Sauce
- Mushroom Braised Short Ribs Braised Beef Short Ribs marinated in a Shallot and Wild Mushroom Gravy, served with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and crispy Onion Straws
- Bourbon and Peach-Glazed Pork Loin Tender Pork Loin marinated in a Peach Bourbon Glaze served with fresh harvest Green Beans and Sweet Potato Hash
- Roasted Vegetable Napoleon Ragout of Tomato, Zucchini, Eggplant, and Summer Squash, layered with a White Bean Puree between crisp Corn Tortillas, served with a fresh Basil Marinara
- New York Style Cheesecake Traditional rich Cheesecake atop a seasonal Glaze
- Odyssey’s Signature Decadent Chocolate Truffle Torte Rich two-layer Cake filled with a delicate Chocolate Mousse enrobed in a smooth Dark Chocolate Ganache
- Peach and Blueberry Crisp Peach Crisp served warm with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and a light Blueberry Puree
- Chef’s Daily Special: Daily our Chef creates a Specialty Dessert for those with a creative palate.
- Chef’s Selection of Fresh Fruit
Washington Odyssey Dinner Cruise.
Top attractions in Washington, D.C.
Here are some top attractions in Washington, DC you could visit and enjoy. There are, of course, dozens of attractions and landmarks in Washington, DC worth visiting and learning about the history of this amazing city.
The Lincoln Memorial is an impressive national American monument constructed to honor the United States ‘ 16th President, Abraham Lincoln. It is situated opposite the Washington Monument on the western...
United States Capitol
The United States Capitol, often referred to as the Capitol Building, is home to the U.S. Congress and seat of the U.S. federal government’s executive branch. It is situated on...
The Washington Monument is an obelisk constructed to honor George Washington, the first president of the United States. It is located on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. to the...
Washington, D.C. and United States travel guides
Here are handy travel guides about Washington, DC and the US so you can learn a thing or two about these destinations. For a comprehensive list of our travel guides, please visit our travel guides page.
Washington DC: world metropolis with great historical heritage
Washington, DC, the U.S. capital and seat of three branches of government, is a city on the banks of Potomac River, between states of Maryland and Virginia. It is famous for vast collection of admission free, public museums and many...
Visit United States: 14 things you need to know
The United States is a huge country comprising of 50 states in North America, bordering Canada in the north and Mexico in the south. It’s an amazingly diverse country (expression...
Top hotels in Washington, D.C.
Washington, DC has dozens of hotels of various star ratings, together with other lodging solutions, such as guest houses, hostels, and Airbnb. Bellow are some top hotel recommendations from our website. For a general hotel search, check the form at the bottom of this page or our hotel booking page.
Sofitel Lafayette Square Washington DC
With a stay at Sofitel Lafayette Square Washington DC, you’ll be centrally located in Washington, just a 4-minute walk from White House and 13 minutes by foot from Ford’s Theater....
Park Hyatt Washington
Centrally located in Washington, Park Hyatt Washington is within a 15-minute walk of George Washington University and Dupont Circle. This 5-star hotel is 1.2 mi (2 km) from Lincoln Memorial...
Mandarin Oriental Washington DC
A stay at Mandarin Oriental Washington DC places you in the heart of Washington DC, within a 15-minute walk of Jefferson Memorial and Washington Monument. This 5-star hotel is 0.5...
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC
With a stay at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC, you'll be centrally located in Washington, steps from Capital One Arena and within a 5-minute walk of Ford's Theater. This 4.5-star...
Conrad Washington DC
Welcome to Conrad Washington, DC, a contemporary urban oasis in the heart of the District. This luxury hotel offers an elevated perch from which to experience the nation's capital, with...
Four Seasons Washington DC
With a stay at Four Seasons Hotel Washington D.C., you'll be centrally located in Washington, a 5-minute drive from George Washington University and 8 minutes from Lincoln Memorial. This 5-star...
Cheap flights and hotels discounts for Washington, D.C.
The peak season for flights to Washington is March, October and December. The low season for purchasing tickets is May, June and July.
Washington DC is served by these airports: Ronald Reagan National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport. Direct flights to Washington are offered by 42 airlines. Most flights are with United Airlines. Direct flights from Washington, United States are airlines: American Airlines, United Airlines, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Turkish Airlines and Southwest Airlines from New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Miami and Dallas.
Washington, DC and the US attractions and landmarks
Here are some of the most popular attractions and landmarks in Washington, DC and in the US.
Last Updated on January 31, 2022 by Tours Editor @ gotravelyourself.com