Join us on a day trip from Melbourne to the home of the Little Penguins, Phillip Island, and see the Penguin Parade.
• Premium Coach Tour
• Visit Warrook Homestead for afternoon tea (own expense)
• Get up close to kangaroos with the opportunity to feed (own expense)
• Admire the resident koalas
• Panoramic views of Western Port and French Island
• San Remo – maritime fishing village
• Look for birdlife at the island wetlands (seasonal)
• Phillip Island Nature Park – a natural home for koalas, seals, shearwaters and Little Penguins
• Koala Conservation Centre – look for koalas in their natural habitat from tree top boardwalks
• The Nobbies – a rugged rocky outcrop with an excellent boardwalk where you may spot Little Penguins’ homes (shoulder/summer months)
• Witness the Penguin Parade on floodlit Summerland Beach from the general viewing area
• See penguin rookeries from an elevated boardwalk
• Inspect the Visitors Centre – an opportunity to learn about the life of the Little Penguin
• A dinner stop will be made before or after the Penguin Parade (dependent on season and at own expense)
Melbourne – Phillip Island – Melbourne
Enjoy a fantastic day trip to Phillip Island from Melbourne today, home to the popular Little Penguins and Penguin Parade. With prime beachfront viewing from a separate platform, a guide can take you through the penguin colony.
We will be leaving your hotel and going past the Western Port and the French Island and through the fishing village of San Remo. We’re going to visit Warrook Farm for afternoon tea at our own expense. For over 100 years, this rare historical farm has been in service! Guests will get close to kangaroos and see koalas and feed the animals at their own cost.
We will then arrive at the Phillip Island Nature Park and visit the Koala Conservation Centre, where you will be able to spot koalas from tree-top boardwalks in their natural habitat. For dinner, you can cowe (own expense) there. We’re going to walk along The Nobbies boardwalk next, where we can spot the homes of Little Penguins as they nest (seasonal).
The Penguin Parade, where hundreds of penguins walk out onto the floodlit Summerland Beach, will be the main event of the day. With this trip, we’ll have access to the premium viewing area of Penguin Plus for the best view of these magnificent creatures. We will have free time to explore the Visitors Centre and learn about these amazing creatures a little more.
Top attractions in Melbourne
Puffing Billy Railway, cherished by millions for more than 100 years, is one of the world's finest surviving steam railways. Children and adults alike would love the wind in their...
The Yarra River has many picturesque settings to offer. A variety of barbecue and picnic facilities, fishing platforms and jetties are accessible on the river banks. However, there are parks...
Located in the heart of the city, Queen Victoria Market offers an authentic shopping experience. The market is listed as a National Heritage site, home to hundreds of small businesses...
More travel info about Melbourne and Australia
Melbourne is Australia's second largest city and cultural capital, with buildings from the Victorian era and offering extensive shopping, museums, galleries, theaters, and large parks and gardens. Many of its almost 5 million residents are from diverse ethnic background as...
Australia is both a country and a continent between the Indian and Pacific Ocean. Majority of population lives in coastal areas where largest cities flourish: Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and...
Top hotels in Melbourne
Adelphi Hotel is conveniently located in the popular Melbourne CBD area. Offering a variety of facilities and services, the hotel provides all you need for a good night's sleep. All...
Set in a prime location of Melbourne, Hotel Grand Hyatt Melbourne puts everything the city has to offer just outside your doorstep. The hotel offers a high standard of service...
Pan Pacific Melbourne provides comfortable and trendy accommodation with city, Port Phillip or Yarra River panoramic views. Guests can enjoy the finest amenities, including a fitness centre, and the intimate...
Offering a restaurant, day spa, fitness center and indoor heated pool, InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto is located in the heart of Melbourne CBD on Collins Street.
Park Hyatt Melbourne, a 5-star hotel offers an award-winning restaurant, premium accommodation and spa facilities just 1.5 km from the city center of Melbourne. The popular shopping area of Collins...
Set above the vibrant Southbank district of Melbourne, Crown Towers provides spacious, comfortable rooms with city and Port Phillip Bay views. Each space has original artworks and bathrooms in marble.