Ride on the iconic Puffing Billy railway with a fantastic day trip from Melbourne and enjoy a fantastic Yarra Valley wine tasting!
• Historic steam train ride
• Bush Billy Tea with lamingtons
• Vegemite and crackers
• Winery lunch with glass of wine
• Opportunity for wine tasting at Fergusson’s Winery
• Wine tasting at Rochford Wines
• Wine tasting and tour at Dominique Portet
• Free Wi-Fi on coach
A tour for those with food, wine and a little history appreciation. Puffing Billy is an icon that you’re going to ride in’ the hills.’ Spend the rest of the day sampling local produce in Yarra Valley and, of course, wine!
Tour the picturesque wine region of the Yarra Valley from the charm of the Blue Dandenongs and Puffing Billy steam train. Enjoy a delicious, hearty spit roast lunch at Fergusson’s Winery, followed by a glass of wine. There’s a chance to have a taste after your lunch at the cellar door. Visit the ever-popular and relatively new Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery for a taste of something delicious. Be amazed at your range of products! Start a formal wine tasting at Dominique Portet’s award-winning Rochford Wines and wine tasting, free cheese bite and tour.
Highlights of this tour
* Depart Melbourne through the eastern suburbs
* Fly through the Sherbrooke Forest in the heart of the Dandenongs with its high eucalyptus, fern gullies and bird life
* Enjoy Aussie’s Bush Billy tea with tea and gum leaves, lamingtons and Vegemite with crackers
* See Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots! Ride on the Puffing Billy steam train through the native woods from Belgrave to Menzies Creek, the most picturesque part of the original steam locomotive journey
* Travel through the quaint villages of Dandenong, known for its picturesque cafés, craft shops and beautiful gardens
* Beautiful views from Grantulla Rd
* Have a tasty spit roast lunch with wine at Fergusson’s Winery.
Top attractions in Melbourne
Puffing Billy Railway, cherished by millions for more than 100 years, is one of the world's finest surviving steam railways. Children and adults alike would love the wind in their...
The Yarra River has many picturesque settings to offer. A variety of barbecue and picnic facilities, fishing platforms and jetties are accessible on the river banks. However, there are parks...
Located in the heart of the city, Queen Victoria Market offers an authentic shopping experience. The market is listed as a National Heritage site, home to hundreds of small businesses...
More travel info about Melbourne and Australia
Melbourne is Australia's second largest city and cultural capital, with buildings from the Victorian era and offering extensive shopping, museums, galleries, theaters, and large parks and gardens. Many of its almost 5 million residents are from diverse ethnic background as...
Australia is both a country and a continent between the Indian and Pacific Ocean. Majority of population lives in coastal areas where largest cities flourish: Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and...
Top hotels in Melbourne
Adelphi Hotel is conveniently located in the popular Melbourne CBD area. Offering a variety of facilities and services, the hotel provides all you need for a good night's sleep. All...
Set in a prime location of Melbourne, Hotel Grand Hyatt Melbourne puts everything the city has to offer just outside your doorstep. The hotel offers a high standard of service...
Pan Pacific Melbourne provides comfortable and trendy accommodation with city, Port Phillip or Yarra River panoramic views. Guests can enjoy the finest amenities, including a fitness centre, and the intimate...
Offering a restaurant, day spa, fitness center and indoor heated pool, InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto is located in the heart of Melbourne CBD on Collins Street.
Park Hyatt Melbourne, a 5-star hotel offers an award-winning restaurant, premium accommodation and spa facilities just 1.5 km from the city center of Melbourne. The popular shopping area of Collins...
Set above the vibrant Southbank district of Melbourne, Crown Towers provides spacious, comfortable rooms with city and Port Phillip Bay views. Each space has original artworks and bathrooms in marble.