Half Day Chiang Mai Cycling Culture Trip – Join Transfer. On a half-day bicycle tour of Chiang Mai’s small alleys and atmospheric neighborhoods, you’ll learn about the city’s history, culture, and crafts. Take a 16-mile (25-km) tour of the city, stopping to visit ancient temples and a silversmith along the way.
Visit Wat Phra Sing, the city’s holiest site, before stopping for refreshments at Chiang Mai’s Women’s Correctional Institution. Visit a thriving Chinese community and fresh food and flower markets stocked with products from all over the region to get a taste of the area’s cuisine.
- Enjoy a fantastic cycling tour in Chiang Mai where you will ride with your mountain bike passing through villages, learning about historical sites, and much more.
- You get to see local communities in Chiang Mai and be able to see things in many aspects about Thai culture and also the way of life while cycling around the town.
- This is a totally chilled-out bike ride. The terrain is all flat and where we have to cross any roads and is done together in an organized manner.
- This bike ride gives you an excellent opportunity to learn a bit about the long history and rich culture of Chiang Mai.
Explore the lovely Chiang Mai on a cycling culture trip through the atmospheric countryside, villages, plantations, and historical sites.
- 09:00: Meet and Transfer by an English Speaking Guide from the hotel to Trekker camp where brief information about a cycling route as well as the instructions for using the mountain bike will be explained.
- 09:15: Start cycling from here via Padad-Singhakam route passing Padad Tai village along the Ping’s Riverside then continue through the 2nd ring road crossing Koh Klang Bridge (Kourmung).
- 09:30: Stop at Wat Koh Klang, an important temple of this community.
- 10:00: Visit McKean, A leprosy rehabilitation center. Admirably, there, people have been caring and helping each other for more than a hundred years. Get around the hospital’s compound and enjoy purchasing many lovely souvenirs at the handicraft center that belongs to the hospital.
- 10:30: Proceed cycling to the vegetable plantation that belongs to the villagers which is the trend of sustainable agriculture. Also, if you love to join the gardener’s activities like cultivating, watering, and fishing, these are something quite interesting to do as well!
- 11:00 Leave for the Informational Centre of Wiang Kum Kam to get some background information of the ruined city.
- 11:30 Further biking through the village makes the first stop at Wat Chang Kum. Keep on traveling to Wat E-Kang, Wat Nhan Chang, Wat Pu Beai, Wat Pra Thart Khaow, and Wat Chedi
- 12:30 Return to Trekker camp and transfer to the hotel.