Experience the original Thai Culture, Tradition & Food at the Damneon Saduak Floating Market & River Kwai on a day trip from Bangkok.
•The Floating Market.
•Thai-Japanese Memorial Bridge.
Damnoen Saduak is a world-famous floating market and the busy scene is an exotic Thailand’s timeless snapshot. Located 100 km from Bangkok city centre, this trip makes it convenient for anyone to see for themselves this unforgettable sight. Decorated long-tail ships glide down the tight canals, tiny wooden buildings bordering the banks on stilts, some with bigger lakes than lawns.
After your trip to the floating market, you continue to River Kwai where you can visit the iconic bridge, the meter-gage railway from Ban Pong, Thailand to Thanbyuzayat, Burma, now known as Death Railway, built by Japan during the Second World War. The railway line was intended to carry cargo to India on a daily basis to support their scheduled attack on India. The building was carried out under unfavorable circumstances using POWs and Asian slave laborers.
• 06.30am (approx) Pick up from Centrally located Hotel.
• 07.00am Leave for Rachaburi Province.
• 08.30an As you arrive at the boat pier, you can take the lovely scenery of rural life by longtail boats to the floating market.
• 09:00an Watch the farmers selling food, fruits, flowers and many various kinds of local products in their boats. This part of the Thailand is almost untouched by the modern world.
• 11:30an You can visit the Handicraft Home Industry.
• 1:00pm Enjoy a delicious meal at the restaurant before you proceed for your transfer to the famous Thai-Japanees Bridge over River Kwai, and the Death Railway constructed by Prisoners of War labourers from England, America, Australia, etc, through Thailand to Burma. It was reconstructed after the bombardment by Allied Forces. Some parts of the original bridge are displayed at the Museum. It also offers an insight into the lives of the prisoners during that time. Visit the War Cemetery.
• 5:00pm Depart for Bangkok.
• 7:00pm Arrive at the Hotel.
Top attractions in Bangkok
The most famous landmark in Bangkok and presumably in entire Thailand, The Grand Palace is mesmerizing architectural complex in the heart of Bangkok.
Wat Arun, known internationally as Temple of Down (full name: Wat Arun Ratchawararam Ratchawaramahawihan) is one of the most important temples in Bangkok.
Wat Phra Kaeo, the most sacred temple in Thailand, is a home to the statue Emerald Buddha, which is now a synonym of the temple, as it is globally known …
More travel info about Bangkok and Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand`s capital, is famous for dynamic street life and exciting night entertainment. In contrast to lively night life and entertainment opportunities, there are many shrines and temples throughout the …
Thailand is a Southeast Asian country with diverse geography, rich culture and history. It is in the top ten world tourist destination for decades and for a good reason. Tourists …
Top hotels in Bangkok
Offering luxury housing with contemporary facilities and free Wi-Fi in government fields, W Bangkok Hotel is a 3-minute walk from Chong Nonsi BTS Skytrain Station. It features an indoor swimming …
5 star luxury hotel in Bangkok, Swissotel Nai Lert Park is the proud recipient of "Thailand`s Leading City Resort" award at the prestigious World Travel Awards 2011. The hotel offers …
Kempinski Residences Bangkok brings the world-renowned luxury of the Kempinski brand to Bangkok, in its prime shopping and entertainment district. Located within the grand complex of the five-star Siam Kempinski …
Located in Bangkok Riverside, Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel, Towers is a perfect starting point from which to explore Bangkok. Both business travelers and tourists can enjoy the hotel`s facilities and …
The Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit is 100 meters from the Skytrain Station of Thonglor BTS. It provides contemporary rooms with air conditioning and bathroom facilities.
Graceland Bangkok by Grace Hotel is located in Bangkok, 1.7 miles from Khao San Road and 1.4 miles from Patpong. Distance from Grand Palace is 1.7 mi. The airport of …
Cheap flights and hotels discounts for Bangkok
Last Updated on by