Book the American Museum of Natural History (Admission Ticket) and visit the universe Aerospace Exhibition, IMAX Film, or Special thematic exhibitions!
- American Museum of Natural History
- Exhibition space
- IMAX Movie
- Special thematic exhibitions
- New York
- Admission Ticket
American Museum of Natural History
American Museum of Natural History was founded in 1869, it is a scientific, educational, one of the world’s most prominent cultural institutions. The museum contains six permanent exhibition halls and temporary exhibition halls, including Rose Center for Earth and Space Center Hayden Planetarium, and IMAX Theater Center.
Museum support five existing research operation and three interdisciplinary centers. Its museum includes the permanent possession of more than 32 million specimens and artifacts. The very famous movie “Night at the Museum” was shot here.
The museum ranked first attraction in the “American Family Travel Guide” through New York Zagat Survey. American Museum of Natural History provides the best place for an exploration of human cultures, the natural world, and the universe. Here, you can see the three-dimensional model of the world-famous 94-foot-long blue whale and incredible dinosaur hall.
- Milstein Hall in marine life, watches over 750 kinds of marine life, including hanging from the ceiling, 94 feet long, 21,000 pounds of blue whale model.
- In the Arthur Ross Hall • experience over 130 scientifically validated significant meteorites, and to understand the formation and evolution of the information about the sun and the planets of space debris may pass the rock.
- Take the time to explore the museum’s famous fossil series halls, including a collection of dinosaur fossils from around the world, such as Tyrannosaurus and Apatosaurus majestic horse dinosaur hall.
- Travel around the world in human origins and cultural hall, to understand the story of the evolution of the human family, viewing cultures in Asia, Africa, North America, South America, and the Pacific.
- Do not miss the famous diorama mammal museum, where you will see a precise description and correct anatomical specimens indicate geographical locations worldwide.
- Visit the spectacular Hayden ball, and explore the universe with a 13 billion-year-old rose from the earth and Science Center.
Time: 10:00am – 5:45pm. It is closed on Thanksgiving &Christmas Day
Exhibition Space (no photos)
- Dark Universe narrated by the Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Hayden Planetarium Space Show
- Celebrating these critical explorations of the universe’s structure gives us a better understanding and history, and becomes a new field of exploration.
- Space Show opening hour(only for reference)：
Every MON. TUE. THRU. FRI.: 10:30 am – 4:00 pm (Every half hour)
Every WED: 11:00am – 4:00pm (Every half hour)
Every Sat., Sun: 10:30 am – 5:00 pm (Every half hour)
- Samuel J. and Ethel LeFrak Theater
- 40min films in a massive theater
- 3D movie: 10:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm
- 2D movie: 11:30am, 4:30pm
- Sit in front of the amazing 40-foot-high screen, exposed to the state-of-the-art digital sound system, and experience the 2D, 3D movie screenings – National Parks Adventure. Attractions include Yosemite, Yellowstone, and the Everglades.
Special thematic exhibitions
1. Our Senses
– This exhibition explores in depth how our brains together with sensory organs shape our perceptions and uncover the human consciousness of other important signals of nature until recently in our evolutionary history
– Dense humidity, lush greenery, the room is filled with colorful tropical butterflies. You will experience one of the most popular annual exhibition seasons.
3. The Butterfly Conservatory: Tropical Butterflies Alive in Winter
– The most popular show of the year, there are 500 living, free-flying tropical butterflies from the Americas, Africa, and Asia. The butterfly was set in a park close to its natural habitat, including flowering plants that serve as a source of nectar and have controlled artificial light, temperature, and humidity.
4. Inside You
– This exhibition explores how rapidly-evolving science can revolutionize our view of human health
– See 19 Rarely Seen Mummies in this exhibition. Mummies offer an up-close look at one of the largest collections of mummies housed in North America. From ancient Egypt to pre-Columbian Peru, the exhibition explores the intersection between societies, their environment, and the preparations they made for their dead.
Top attractions in New York City
Here are some top attractions in New York City you could visit and enjoy. There are, of course, dozens of attractions and landmarks in NYC worth visiting and learning about the history of this amazing city.
Empire State Building
Empire State Building is an iconic office tower, offering observatories and exhibits, located in Manhattan, New York. Built in 1931, this art deco style building is the fifth tallest structure...
Central Park is New York’s urban oasis in Manhattan, most visited city park in the US. Features pedestrian paths for walking and jogging, ballfields, a zoo, carousel and boat rentals.
Statue of Liberty
A symbol of New York and the US in general, this iconic statue is located in New York City Harbor on Liberty Island. Opened in 1886, it offers tours, museum...
New York City and United States travel guides
Here are handy travel guides about New York City and the US so you can learn a thing or two about these destinations. For a comprehensive list of our travel guides, please visit our travel guides page.
New York: fast-paced, exciting and intense
New York City is a global center of culture, art, fashion and finance and the most populous city in the US. The city is made out of five boroughs sitting on the Hudson River’s entry into the Atlantic Ocean. Manhattan,...
Visit United States: 14 things you need to know
The United States is a huge country comprising of 50 states in North America, bordering Canada in the north and Mexico in the south. It’s an amazingly diverse country (expression...
Top hotels in New York City
New York City has dozens of hotels of various star ratings, together with other lodging solutions, such as guest houses, hostels, and Airbnb. Bellow are some top hotel recommendations from our website. For a general hotel search, check the form at the bottom of this page or our hotel booking page.
Conrad New York
Conrad New York is an all-suite property situated 500 m from the World Trade Centre in New York City, with 2000 pieces of artwork on display and an atrium. A distinct...
Four Seasons Hotel New York
Four Seasons Hotel New York, built by I.M. Pei, with an Art Deco lobby and onyx ceiling, provides guests a five-star New York hotel living experience. Located between Park Avenue...
Mandarin Oriental New York
A 2-minute walk from Central Park, Mandarin Oriental New York hotel is located at the top of Time Warner Center. Offering a 75-foot indoor pool, it provides rooms with Manhattan...
Loews Regency New York Hotel
Loews Regency New York Hotel is a contemporary family-friendly hotel located on the renowned Park Avenue, 2 blocks from Central Park and a 17-minute drive from the Rockefeller Center in...
W New York – Times Square
Set in a prime location of New York, NY, W New York – Times Square puts everything the city has to offer just outside your doorstep. Offering a variety of...
Westin New York at Times Square
Westin New York at Times Square is a luxury Manhattan hotel located at Times Square and features an on-site restaurant and bar. The subway station of the 42nd Street-Port Authority...
Cheap flights and hotels discounts for New York City
The peak season for flights to New York is March, September and December. The low season for purchasing tickets is May, June and July.
New York is served by these airports: Newark Liberty International Airport, LaGuardia Airport and John F. Kennedy International Airport. Direct flights to New York are offered by 85 airlines. Most flights are with Delta Air Lines. Direct flights from New York, United States are airlines: American Airlines, United Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue Airways and Turkish Airlines from Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, Houston, Miami and Orlando.
New York City and the US attractions and landmarks
Here are some of the most popular attractions and landmarks in New York City and in the US.
Last Updated on March 13, 2022 by Tours Editor @ gotravelyourself.com