Book the American Museum of Natural History (Admission Ticket) and visit universe Aerospace Exhibition, IMAX Film or Special thematic exhibitions!
• American Museum of Natural History
• Exhibition space
• IMAX Moive
• Special thematic exhibitions
• New York
• Admission Ticket
American Museum of Natural History was founded in 1869, it is a scientific, educational, one of the world’s most prominent cultural institutions. The museum contains six permanent exhibition halls and temporary exhibition hall, including Rose Center for Earth and Space Center Hayden Planetarium and IMAX Theater Center. Museum support five existing research operation and three interdisciplinary centers. Its museum includes permanent possession of more than 32 million specimens and artifacts. The very famous movie “Night at the Museum” was shot here.
The museum ranked first attraction in “American Family Travel Guide” through New York Zagat Survey. American Museum of Natural History provides the best place for an exploration of human cultures, the natural world and the universe. Here, you can see the three-dimensional model of the world-famous 94-foot-long blue whale and incredible dinosaur hall.
1. Milstein Hall in marine life, watch over 750 kinds of marine life, including hanging from the ceiling, 94 feet long, 21,000 pounds of blue whale model.
2. In the Arthur Ross Hall • experience over 130 scientifically validated significant meteorite, and to understand the formation and evolution of the information about the sun and the planets of space debris may pass the rock.
3. Take the time to explore the museum’s famous fossil series halls, including a collection of dinosaur fossils from around the world, such as Tyrannosaurus and Apatosaurus majestic horse dinosaur hall.
4. Travel around the world in human origins and cultural hall, to understand the story of the evolution of the human family, viewing cultures in Asia, Africa, North America, South America and the Pacific.
5. Do not miss the famous diorama mammal museum, where you will see a precise description and correct anatomical specimens indicate geographical locations worldwide.
6. Visit the spectacular Hayden ball, and explore the universe with a 13 billion-year-old rose from the earth and Science Center.
Time: 10:00am – 5:45pm. It is closed on Thanksgiving &Christmas Day
Exhibition Space (no photoes)
– Dark Universe narrated by the Neil deGrasse Tyson
– Hayden Planetarium Space Show
– Celebrating these critical exploration of the universe’s structure gives us a better understanding and history, and become a new field of exploration.
– Space Show opening hour(only for reference)：
Every MON. TUE. THRU. FRI.: 10:30am – 4:00pm (Every half hour)
Every WED: 11:00am – 4:00pm (Every half hour)
Every Sat., Sun: 10:30am – 5:00pm (Every half hour)
– Samuel J. and Ethel LeFrak Theater
– 40min films in a massive theater
– 3D movie: 10:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm
– 2D movie: 11:30am, 4:30pm
– Sit in front of amazing 40-foot-high screen, exposure to state of the art digital sound system and experience the 2D, 3D movie screenings – National Parks Adventure. Attractions include the Yosemite, Yellowstone and the Everglades.
– Upcoming films:
Performed by Oscar-winning actress Cate Blanchett, Earth Flight is a completely immersive experience that allows viewers to fly across the world on the wings of birds. The film took four years to produce which cross 4 continents and 11 countries.
-Amazon adventure: 3/8/2018 – 9/14/2018
Special thematic exhibitions (choose one of the following options)
1. Our Senses
– This exhibition explores in depth how our brains together with sensory organs shape our perceptions and uncovering the human consciousness of other important signals of nature until recently in our evolutionary history
– Time：11/20/2017 – 1/6/2019
– Dense humidity, lush greenery, the room is filled with colorful tropical butterflies. You will experience one of the most popular annual exhibition season.
– Time：3/12/2018 – 1/6/2019
3. The Butterfly Conservatory: Tropical Butterflies Alive in Winter
– The most popular show of the year, there are 500 living, free-flying tropical butterflies from the Americas, Africa and Asia. Butterfly was set in a park close to its natural habitat, including flowering plants that serve as a source of nectar and have controlled artificial light, temperature and humidity.
– Time：10/7/2017 – 5/28/2018
4. Inside You
– This exhibition explores how rapidly-evolving science can revolutionize our view of human health
– Time：6/24/2017 – 6/16/2019
– See 19 Rarely Seen Mummies in this exhibition. Mummies offers an up-close look at one of the largest collections of mummies housed in North America. From ancient Egypt to pre-Columbian Peru, the exhibition explores the intersection between societies, their environment, and the preparations they made for their dead.
– Time: 3/20/2017 – 1/7/2018
Top attractions in New York City
Empire State Building is an iconic office tower, offering observatories and exhibits, located in Manhattan, New York. Built in 1931, this art deco style building is the fifth tallest structure...
Central Park is New York’s urban oasis in Manhattan, most visited city park in the US. Features pedestrian paths for walking and jogging, ballfields, a zoo, carousel and boat rentals.
A symbol of New York and the US in general, this iconic statue is located in New York City Harbor on Liberty Island. Opened in 1886, it offers tours, museum...
More travel info about New York City and United States
New York City is a global center of culture, art, fashion and finance and the most populous city in the US. The city is made out of five boroughs sitting on the Hudson River’s entry into the Atlantic Ocean. Manhattan,...
United States is a huge country comprising of 50 states in North America, bordering with Canada in the north and Mexico in the south. It's an amazingly diverse country (expression...
Top hotels in New York City
This all-suite property is situated 500 m from the World Trade Centre, with 2000 pieces of artwork on display and an atrium.
New York Four Seasons Hotel, built by I.M. Pei, with an Art Deco lobby and onyx ceiling, provides guests a five-star New York hotel living experience. Located between Park Avenue...
A 2-minute walk from Central Park, this hotel is located at the top of Time Warner Center. Offering a 75-foot indoor pool, it provides rooms with Manhattan panoramic views.
Loews Regency New York Hotel is a contemporary family-friendly hotel located on the renowned Park Avenue, 2 blocks from Central Park and a 17-minute drive from the Rockefeller Center. It...
Set in a prime location of New York, NY, W New York Times Square puts everything the city has to offer just outside your doorstep. Offering a variety of facilities...
This luxury Manhattan hotel is located at Times Square and features an on-site restaurant and bar. The subway station of the 42nd Street-Port Authority is just outside the hotel.