This 4-Day Bay of Islands Tour makes the most of all that water with plenty of opportunities for swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, and sailing.
• Walk amongst giant kauri trees, spend the night anchored in a secluded bay, savour a traditional Kiwi barbecue in Paihia
• Explore the gorgeous Bay of Islands
• Discover the beauty of New Zealand’s North Island
• Snorkel in Goat Island Marine Reserve
More travel info about Auckland and New Zealand
Auckland is a largest city in New Zealand and almost third of country’s population live there. It is located between two large harbours in North Island, and its grounds are...
New Zealand is a country in the southwestern Pacific Ocean consisting of two main islands, covered by volcanic mountains and glaciers, and another thirty smaller ones off the main coast...
Top hotels in Auckland
A stay at Pullman Auckland places you in the heart of Auckland, within a 10-minute walk of University of Auckland and Queen Street Shopping District. This 5-star hotel is 0.5...
Haka Lodge Auckland provides a range of sleeping options from the funky 20 bed dorm, to private rooms with en-suites, 4-person rooms, and everything in between.
With a stay at Hotel DeBrett, you'll be centrally located in Auckland, steps from Queen Street Shopping District and 9 minutes by foot from Sky Tower. This 5-star hotel is...
Cheap flights and hotels discounts for Auckland
Arrive anywhere in Auckland today. No activities are scheduled during the day, so check into the hotel and explore the area. Visit the Maritime Museum or take the ferry to Waiheke Island, on the waterfront.
* * On-Site Activities (Own-Spending) * * Maritime Museum Visit (20NZD per person) The seven museum galleries provide information on the relationship between New Zealand and the sea. Be inspired by Sir Peter Blake, the most famous sailor in Canada, and his many achievements, and see maritime art that expresses the feeling of a nautical country.
Take a ferry ride to Waiheke Island for a fast and fun getaway (45-130NZD per person). Swim or kayak on the beaches of white sand in the Hauraki Gulf. Tour the Icelandic tracks and bush parks, or sample any of the 19 boutique wineries on the Island (the island produces some of the finest reds in New Zealand).
Seaway museum Visit (160NZD per person) As part of your boat crew, you can work with your teammates on this competitive yacht to sail around Auckland’s Waitemata Harbour. If you take your helmet and take part or sit back and enjoy the spectacle – you have your pick.
Travel north via backroads, pause for a giant Kauri trees and snorkel at the Goat Island Marine Reserve (seasonal). Overnight in a large houseboat in the beautiful Bay of Islands.
Leave early and visit a reserve of giant kauri trees. Originally from New Zealand, these trees are some of the world’s largest. Learn about their value in New Zealand for European settlements. Go to the Goat Island Marine Reserve to see abundant marine life (seasonal) for an inclusive snorkeling experience.
Keep going to the Bay of Islands and board a houseboat – your night’s home.
Spend free time on the boat in the morning. Choose a range of water sports including kayaking, snorkeling, fishing or visiting nearby islands. And choose to watch a dolphin walk.
So we’re heading back to the mainland for a stroll around Paihia’s small town. An optional visit to the Treaty House is highly recommended in the nearby town of Waitangi.
* * Optional Activities (Own Expenses) * * Waitangi Treaty Grounds Tour (25-45NZD per person) Find out more about the past of New Zealand on this Waitangi Convention Grounds tour. See the historic Treaty House, where local Maori signed their agreement with the British Crown in 1840, which grants the Maori the rights of British subjects. Have a taste of the Maori culture by performing traditional songs and dances and the popular Haka of course!
Ferry to Russell (7-12NZD per person) to the first capital of New Zealand. Visit the many attractions of the area, including the old Catholic missionary of Pompallier.
Enjoy a relaxing free morning. Simple to swim with dolphins, skydive or see the historic grounds of the Waitangi Treaty. Return in the early evening to Auckland, where the tour ends upon arrival.
* * Optional activities (Own Cost) * * Skydiving (329-365NZD per person) Take a trip to New Zealand for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to skydive – one of the best places to experience! Skydive from a range of heights over the bay (between 2743-4877 meters or 9,000-16,000 ft).
Spend a morning in the bay searching for wild dolphins (115NZD per person). If conditions are right (about 50/50), there may be a chance to swim with those amazing creatures. Take your bathrobes, blankets, dry clothes and snacks. Don’t think about a backpack, hat, snorkel or flippers – they’re supplied.
Discover the Bay ‘Hole in the Rock’ Cruise (115NZD per person) Explore the Islands Bay to hunt for dolphins and other waterfowl prior to visiting the famous ‘Hole in the Rock’ – a giant rocky archway through the Motukokako Island. Allowing the environment, get near and travel the arch!