Berlin: history, culture and dynamic life
- Name: Berlin;
- Founded: 13th Century;
- Population: 3.7 million;
- Area: 891.7 km2 (344.3 sq mi);
- Known as: Capital of Germany.
Berlin is a perfect mix of history, culture and modern, dynamic life events. Its turbulent history in 20th century through Second World War and later being divided during Cold War era left behind reminders such a Holocaust museum and Berlin Wall. Today, Berlin is a modern city with many things to offer, from culture, history, nightlife to vintage and high-end shopping.
Main attractions: Reichstag, Parliament building, with rich history, Brandenburg Gate, Berlin Television Tower (Fernsehturm), Museum Island, Berlin wall.
Top things to do: Visit museums, hop on/hop off bus tours, day trips outside of Berlin, visit open markets.
Festivals and events: Berlin marathon (September) Festival of lights (October), Jazz festival (November), Christmas markets (December), Berlinale Film Festival (February).
Best time to fly to Berlin. The peak season for flights to Berlin is January, October and December. The low season for purchasing tickets is February, March and June. Berlin is served by Schonefeld Airport and Tegel Airport. Direct flights to Berlin are offered by 42 airlines.
Cheap Flights to Berlin
|Origin||Departure date||Return date||Find Ticket|
- There are total of 180 museums in Berlin (although this number might be higher while you are reading this!). That’s why we recommend museum visits as a top thing to do, as there are so many.
- Almost half of Berliner adults are single. There is your chance if you are single (and looking) as well.
- There are around 500,000 foreigners living in Berlin, which makes them about 14% of total population.